Triathlon Swim School
Improve Your Swim Stroke For Faster Swimming
No matter your level, join us for one of our intensive programmes focussing on
technical development of front crawl, with Mark, BTF Level 3 coach and
his assistant coaches.
These hugely popular courses run for 1 hour per week in the evening, for 8 - 10 weeks, in and around the Loughborough area.
The fastest way to improve your swim speed is by improving your technique. We cover drills and exercises to improve your stroke mechanics, basic
open water skills, pacing, and methods of self help to take back to your
home training environment.
Who is this for?
Aimed at triathletes/open water swimmers who are able to complete 2 - 3km in a session, and who want to improve their technique. How fast you swim is not that relevant, we will cater the sessions to all speeds.
Areas covered include:
- Improving body position
- How and when to use kick
- Improving stroke timing
- Optimising rotation
- Improving stroke mechanics
- Practice open water skills
- How to pace your efforts effectively
Some feedback from previous swim schools:
"Good visible progress made, thank you for the outstanding coaching."
"Really good technique tips which have improved my stroke all round."
"I have definitely gained swim speed over the course (5-10 s per 100 m) and I have a much better feel for the drills I have always done."
"Always a little time was given for discussion, understanding and debate. Really useful."
"Mark explained stuff really well and having 2 coaches picking up errors was great."
What feedback can I expect?
- Numbers are limited and
there will be up to three coaches on deck ensuring that you get constant
attention during the sessions.
- During the course we constantly video you swimming and upload to a closed group for you to review.
- During sessions we are constantly providing feedback and working with you to make the best progress.
- You will receive access to an exclusive online library of drills to help you develop.
- Performing drills alone is not going to help you improve, we demonstrate and explain how these drills impact on your full stroke.
Where are the sessions?
The sessions are run at pools in and around the Loughborough area. Please see link below to the booking pages for more details.
What will I need?
buoy, fins, paddles, kick board, pace timer (if you have one). If you
need to purchase any of these, you can ask our advice before doing so.
Current Courses and Booking
Our Swim Schools tend to book up very quickly and are often heavily over-subscribed. If you are interested, please don't delay in booking or you might miss out!
Please click on the date you are interested in and you will be taken to a page with more details, where you can book and pay for the course.
Current Loughborough Courses
- When: Wednesdays 8 - 9pm, starting 11th January
- Where: Loughborough Grammar School
- Cost: £120
- Only 1 place left as 15/12/16
Current Ashby Courses
- When: Mondays 8 - 9pm, starting 16th January
- Where: Ashby Grammar School, Ashby-de-la-Zouch
- Cost: £120
If you have any questions please contact us.