Cycling Alpe d'Huez
by Chip Van Halen
(Dole, Jura, France)
Cycling Alpe d'Huez offers triathlon and cycling camps, coached by a triathlete with eighteen years of experience as a pro triathlete and coach.
Our camps are situated in the heart of the French Alps, at the well known climbers’ paradise Alpe d'Huez.
Experience some incredible training rides and climbs made famous by the Tour de France such as the infamous climbs like Alpe d’Huez, Col de la Madeleine or Galibier...both sides!
Are you looking for specific triathlon training?
Somewhere famous and a bit different?
Holiday and train in an alpine paradise, getting the benefits of altitude training. Reach YOUR triathlon potential and goals with a complete program makeover: fix what is broken and what is working we tweak!
- Learn how to train smart and improve in all three triathlon disciplines.
- Learn from our eighteen years of experience as pro triathlete and coach.
- Experience an environment of care with our camp team.
It does not matter if you are training for a short distance triathlon or distances up to an Ironman, we will provide you with specific triathlon training tips and improved skill development to fit your personal needs and goals.
Build the strength you need to rise to the top of your goals!
There is also time for relaxing and enjoying the French culture!
Our camps are in English, with English and French speaking staff so you can relax and enjoy your stay.
Groups are kept small so that you can get the most out of the camp.Key Aspects Of Camp:Swimming:
- You will receive video analysis of your technique and advice on how to improve.
- Rides will be escorted by a van (with food!) and with all the great climbs to tackle we will teach you mountain climbing and descending skills so you can get the most out of these rides.
- We will also look at your position on the bike and improve this where possible.
- The key to successful running is staying injury free and we will give you lots of advice on how to do this, as well as looking at your running technique.
- During the camp we run several educational workshops on topics such as race nutrition, sports psychology and motivation as well as sessions on technical drills.
- Core and stretching sessions are part of the camp.
- There is availability of massage, bike maintenance & bike maintenance lessons, internet access, shops, gym, 25m pool and special meal requests.
- Accommodation type - 3 to 5 star.
Cycling Alpe d'Huez TRIATHLON CAMPS 2012:Location:
Alpe d’Huez/Bourg d’Oisans French AlpsDuration:
1 Week (Saturday to Saturday)Dates:
- 14th – 21st July
- 28th July – 4th August
- 11th August – 18th August.
Contact us for custom camps and any variation can be requested.Email: